Monday, August 20, 2007

Today I had to take a lot of deep breaths

Today I had to take a lot of deep breaths. As I was writing down the ER saga last night, the fears began to surface and by this morning I was pretty shaky. It all hits you - the what ifs, the thank God's, the crazy, insane mother thoughts...raining down.


Girl was fine today. An ordinary day - just like any other. So, the challenge was mine to keep her body quiet. No running. No tumbling, climbing. No sun. No water. It was hard not to hover. And I'm not a hovercraft mom. In fact, some of my friends would say that I'm a bit too relaxed when it comes to letting my children perch on walls and climb structures. But, I found myself needing to be near her. Watching her. Do the stitches still look tight? Will she have a residual scar? Is she traumatized? No. Am I? Yes. Is her father? Damn straight.

Thank God for friends I can vent to about this. I've been basically regurgitating to anyone who will listen. Hey, lady walking your dog past my house! My daughter had 4 stitches yesterday! It was horrible, horrible. I died a thousand big deaths!


submit to reddit

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is no longer taking comments.

Copyright © 2007-2014 JCK.



The content on these pages is the sole property of the author and may not be used or reproduced in any manner without consent.

All Rights Reserved.