Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I'm not sure why it seems to be my destiny to receive poop explosions from my children...

I'm not sure why it seems to be my destiny to receive poop explosions from my children, but clearly it is a reception meant just for me. I was on the phone dealing with the fraud department of Sprint wireless. E's briefcase was stolen back at the end of June and we keep getting hit with various identity theft issues. We received a letter yesterday stating that his cell phone application had been processed. Well, he never made the application. Sure enough, when I called, the person stealing his identity had gotten a cell phone and had already started using it in E's name. In the background, I could hear Girl going back and forth to the bathroom, but wasn't really paying attention as I was focusing on the telephone conversation.

After I got off the phone, Girl walked into the office minus her skirt and underwear with poop as well as various "washable" markers smeared all over her lower half. I went poop-poop in my panties and on the playroom bed, she said with a smile. I got her back to the bathroom to survey the damage in a safe spot. It was a huge, smeary mess and I almost cried. She seemed to find it amusing, which at that point made me want to cry harder. But, since she doesn't know that she has the upper hand, I decided to continue on and be Mommy, the wise one. I ordered her to stay in the bathroom, and I ran to the kitchen to obtain a large garbage can and to find out where she had left her underwear. It seems she had left poop smeared on the bed in the playroom, then run to the bathroom, emptied her panties in the toilet, run to the kitchen and chucked her very heavily soiled underwear in the garbage and then come to tell me about it. She did everything she thought she should do - the problem was that she did it and poop had to be cleaned up in various spots. It took me a while to sort out the poop smears from the "washable markers." After cleaning her up and putting her in the tub, I was ready for the day to be over and it was only 1pm. Girl is potty trained, but these flagrant veers off the trail happen occasionally. Maybe she is sensing the big change coming with her going to school full-time and not being with me all day anymore? All I know is that I am pooped out! Over and out.

This morning Girl and I spent about an hour and a half at Boy's school. The idea is for her to have a gradual transition into going there full-time. I was with her for about 20 minutes and then left to have a parent-teacher conference with Boy's teacher. I had told her ahead of time that I would be leaving to have a meeting and would be back soon. She was a little reluctant to have me leave, but we talked through it and she was able to stay behind in the classroom. When I came back about 30 minutes later, she was immersed in a floor puzzle with one of the teachers and having a great time. I sat down with her and watched her interaction with the teacher as she finished the puzzle. Girl was clearly comfortable and that was wonderful to see. Boy enjoyed having us in his classroom and I played with him and his buddies for a short while in the block building area. Girl joined in and when it was time for us to leave, she didn't want to go. So, I considered this very successful. Next Monday & Tuesday are the transition days at their school. I will drop her off to spend the morning in what is now Boy's class and she will get to meet her new friends and spend time with her teachers. Boy will be spending those mornings in the Pre-K class and getting to know his new teachers and a few children new to the school.

Boy's evaluation went very well this morning. I am just in awe of his growth over the last year. He has just blossomed - at home and at school. I am so very proud of him. A year ago he was still receiving speech therapy for speech delay. Now he is a chatterbox and we can't understand half of what he says! He's made some special friends this year -his buddies that he hangs with at school. And he is so expressive emotionally. Such a lovely quality.

What amazing things we have yet to experience with Boy and Girl this next year. Hopefully it will be good growth for all of us with the changes of me going back to work and the kids in school full-time. And please... God, hopefully the poop explosion days will be behind us...


submit to reddit

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is no longer taking comments.

Copyright © 2007-2014 JCK.



The content on these pages is the sole property of the author and may not be used or reproduced in any manner without consent.

All Rights Reserved.