Saturday, August 25, 2007

Are we there yet?

Today we spent the day in San Diego celebrating my niece's 5Th birthday. It was one of those magical California days when the beauty of the vast blue sky pierces your soul.

The drive down took almost 3 hours and we played a lot of I Spy. Girl loved it. It's MY turn! Daddy would try and guess and according to girl guessed it every time. Basically a perfect score. Well, that's little girls and their daddy's for you. Boy has joined the ranks of every child known to man, chanting in the car, Are we there yet? That was after we had traveled 3 blocks. It was said so many times, it almost became a refrain. E and I kept looking over at each other and laughing. The last 3 years have been a bit of a blur, it is so fun to have two children who talk and converse and even yes, fun (on my good days) to reflect on how they can drive us crazy with too much chatter.

The birthday party was at a park on the bay. It was a great turnout of friends and family to celebrate our niece's 5Th year. She was happy, floating around like a little butterfly from friend to friend, from water to sand to playground. Boy made a beeline for the ocean and Girl held herself back to check out everything. Then both Boy & Girl were in the bay with E. The water was cool and the breeze was cool, which made for a cool dip. I, unfortunately, had a skirt on and could not partake. I was so disappointed. Not. I am a total wimp when it comes to coldish waters. Don't like 'em. Girl stated proudly, I am a polar bear like Unca D! Her Uncle and my mom are known for not only swimming in cold water, but enjoying it. My mom flew down for the occasion and the kids were very happy to see their Ma'Mai. My cousin was also there with her 3 boys and her husband. One 4 year old and two 1 1/2 year old twins! I just look at her and get tired. I stand in awe.

It was a real family day and we haven't had one of those in a while.


submit to reddit

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is no longer taking comments.

Copyright © 2007-2014 JCK.



The content on these pages is the sole property of the author and may not be used or reproduced in any manner without consent.

All Rights Reserved.